Chili is awesome! But what could make it better? Let me think…hmm…Got it!! Fresh Mango Pico de Gallo and warm, fluffy bread cups, Excellent! Intrigued, then give it a try, it’s really simple:
1 lb lean ground turkey
2 carrots, cut lengthwise then chopped
2 green bell peppers, cored, halved and chopped
8 oz of chopped red onion
8 oz of diced green chilies
14 oz can of diced tomatoes
15 oz can of kidney beans
1 packet chili seasoning
1 canned pizza dough
10 oz of mango Pico de Gallo
8 oz of sour cream
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Next, open pizza dough, unroll onto cutting board, and cut into 8 equal parts.
3. Now, using a cupcake pan, spray 8 spots with non-stick spray then line with dough (1 piece of dough per spot)
4. Next, bake dough for 10 minutes.
5. Remove dough, while still warm use a small glass (about shot glass sized) to push down the center. It will have risen during baking.
6. Now cover to keep warm and set aside.
7. In a large fry pan on medium-high add: oil and turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
8. Next, add: carrots, bell peppers, onions, garlic, salt & pepper.
9. Cook until carrots are tender. About 10 minutes.
10. Now add: green chilies, beans, tomatoes and chili seasoning.
11. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Now, remove cups from pan, fill with chili then top with Pico and sour cream.
These are so good! They come out perfectly cooked, a little messy but really delicious! For a little extra spice I would suggest adding crushed red pepper or some tapatio hot sauce.
This recipe makes 8 cups which serve 4. You will have lots of leftover chili, so freeze it and have another delicious meal later in the week. Well, that’s it; hope you enjoy them as much as we did!