Well, pizza is not the most original recipe I have come up with. This one however, is not your typical pizza. Why? Well, there is no mozzarella in sight. Instead, I used a Colby/Jack cheese blend to give it a little WOW! factor along with my other toppings.
1 Pillsbury pizza crust
1 cup of pasta sauce
¼ large white onion, peeled and sliced
½ Green bell pepper, cored and chopped
3 Mild Italian sausages, browned and sliced
5 strips of bacon, cooked and chunky chopped
2 cups Colby/Jack cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp dry oregano
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dry parsley
½ tsp dry basil
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray
3. Place pizza crust on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes
4. In a medium fry pan place 1 & ½ tbsp olive oil and cook sausage until brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Rinse out pan.
6. Place remaining 1 & ½ tbsp olive oil in fry pan and cook bacon until crisp. Then set aside.
7. Remove crust from oven.
8. In a medium sauce pan heat up sauce.
9. Now, cover crust with 1 to 1 & ½ cups of sauce.
10. Layer with 1 cup of cheese, onion, bell pepper, sausage, & bacon.
11. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
12. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
13. Remove and allow cooling for 5 minutes before serving.
Totally scrumptious!! The Colby/Jack cheese is just enough of a change to make it mouth watering and amazing. Hopefully you will agree!