All too often I hear people say “I don’t like fish” or “I have no idea what to do with it”. Well, look on the bright side guys, fish is one of the best meats to try new flavors on. Like this one:
Note: I use a food processor for chopping
4 frozen Salmon fillets, skin on
1 cup pecans
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 tbsp butter
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a medium glass bowl melt butter then set aside.
3. In the food processor place pecans, rosemary, salt & pepper
4. On medium speed grind until the pecans are roughly chopped
5. Pour mixture into a separate medium glass bowl and set aside
6. Next line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray
7. Now, dip fish in butter, skin side up.
8. Then dip into pecan mixture, again skin side up.
9. Next, place fillet on baking sheet, this time skin side down.
10. Repeat this process with other 3 fillets.
11. Bake for 15 minutes, fish should be cooked but tender.
With these delicious little touches the fish will come out perfectly every time. You know longer have to worry what to do with or whether or not you and the family will enjoy it. The next dilemma will be, “What do I serve on the side?” No worries though, I have that covered too.
1 bundle fresh asparagus
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp butter
1. In a medium fry pan on medium-high heat place butter and garlic
2. Next rinse asparagus and remove the bottom.
3. Place in pan, turning once or twice to coat them in the garlic butter.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and saute about 10-15 minutes. Asparagus should be tender but still crunchy.
Now the meal is complete! You have the fantastic nutty flavor of the fish combined with amazing garlic butter asparagus and nice slice of bread. This is a meal that is sure to change everyone’s thought on fish and will be served over and over again.