I love the Food Network! Being a foodie I am inspired watching the delicious sweet and savory dishes the chefs create. On Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/index.html ) Guy was at a stop and they were making stuffed burgers. I liked the idea so much I decided to experiment, and try them stuffed with Brie. Well, it did not work out so well because Brie has a very low melting point, so on my second attempt I placed the cheese on top of the burger and created:
Brie burgers w/lemon-basil mayo:
Ingredients for burgers:
1 lb ground beef (or lean ground turkey)
4 oz sliced brie cheese
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Ingredients for mayo:
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt, to taste
Directions: (I use a George Foreman grill):
1. Heat grill
2. In a medium glass bowl mix ground meat with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Divide into 4 equal parts and form into patties.
4. Then grill for about 8 minutes or until center is cooked.
5. Place cheese on top of patties until melted, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the mayo:
1. In a small to medium bowl mix mayo, basil, lemon juice and salt with a whisk until well combined.
2. Then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yum! Now I have these delicious, cheesy burgers. I need something to go with them. I’ve got it!!! Sweet potato fries, with pizzazz.
Garlic & Chili Powder Sweet Potato Fries:
5 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a freezer size bag place olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Place it to the side.
3. Next, peel potatoes and slice into strips.
4. Add them to the bag, seal it, and shake until potatoes are coated evenly
5. Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Please note the fries will not get crispy but will taste really good.
Now this is one delicious meal, with just the right amount of spice. Combine with a cold brew and your tummy will be on Cloud 9.