I love, love, love pasta or anything Italian! The only thing I love more, my husband of course. With that being said, pasta sauce is a great way to play around with new flavors. So, the following then would be my latest creation.
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, peeled, halved, & sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
3 large white mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
2 tsp dry parsley
2 tsp dry basil
2 tsp dry oregano
1- 24 oz bottle of pasta sauce
8 oz of Spaghetti noodles, uncooked
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Fill a large stock pot about ½ to ¾ full of water and place over to high heat to boil
2. Once boiling add 1 tsp salt and noodles to water, boil for 12-15 minutes
3. In a medium fry pan on medium-high heat add olive oil, turkey, & onion.
4. Once meat is cooked and onions are translucent add all seasonings.
5. Next, add pasta sauce and mushrooms, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
6. Mix in 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
7. Now, drain the noodles & serve with sauce
Make sure to have grated parmesan cheese to top off this excellent dish. Serve with a crisp green salad and everyone is sure to smile.