Lemons, can enough wonderful things be said about these tiny, vibrant, refreshingly citrus fruits? I think not. Mix them with delicious fresh berries and magic begins to happen. With the tang of the lemon and the sweet of the berries, your mouth is happy and you do a little dance. I am bonkers about this combination, so, I share with you a lovely lemon and fresh berry dessert.
1 box Krusteaz lemon bar mix
1/3 cup water
6oz of fresh blackberries
6oz of fresh raspberries
6oz of fresh blueberries
1 can of ready whip
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare lemon filling according to the directions on the box and set aside
3. Spray pan with non-stick spray, you can use an 8x8x2- inch pan or a round cake pan.
4. Cover bottom of pan with crust and bake for 8 min
5. Whisk filling once more then pour over hot crust
6. Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 26-28 minutes
7. Let cool for 10 minutes
8. Arrange berries on top of tart
9. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
I am guilty!! I did indeed use a packaged product to help me with this recipe. If you choose to make the tart from scratch that is fine. I will have the greatest admiration for you. Either way, it is rich and delicious and will always make you smile. Enjoy!