So, I was standing around the kitchen the other day trying to decide what to make for dinner when my totally rad mother called. Yes, I did indeed use the word rad. Anyway, she gave me an awesome idea for a pizza:
1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
1 lb ground beef
½ large white onion, peeled & diced
8 oz of tomato sauce
½ can of spam, diced (optional)
2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Next, line the pan with pizza dough. Bake for 5 minutes.
4. In a medium fry pan add: meat & onion.
5. Cook until meat is brown. About 10-15 minutes.
6. In a small fry pan cook spam until brown. About 10 minutes. (exclude this step if you do not use the spam)
7. Remove crust from oven.
8. Top with tomato sauce, 1 cup of cheese, ½ tsp garlic, ½ tsp Italian seasoning, ½ tsp salt & ½ tsp pepper.
9. Now, add: meat, spam (optional), & onion.
10. Add the remainder of the seasoning & the other cup of cheese.
11. Return pizza to oven & bake for another 15-20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven & let cool about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Alright, that is it. Absolutely delicious and it really does taste like a cheeseburger! But, I must give credit where credit is due. The idea definitely came from my totally rad mother and the name came from totally awesome husband! Thanks to my two favorite people!!!